One Word Keyword Optimization - User Guide
This optimization helps you discover keywords that are only one word in length and may be driving irrelevant traffic to your AdWords account. It gives you the option to pause them in your AdWords account with a single click.
How does the optimization work?
The system looks at all one-word keywords that are present in phrase and broad match in your AdWords account. It analyzes performance data like traffic, cost, conversions and quality score for the last 30 days and shows one-word keywords that need your attention.
Why should you optimize these keywords?
Currently, it's not possible to count the number of words in a keyword in AdWords, making easy to miss one-word keywords that might drive unnecessary traffic to your site and increase cost. It is important to keep a tab on such keywords and to make sure they are not driving up your cost per conversion.
How to use it?
Go to the optimization page here.
Setting up the parameters
- Select the filters according to what do you want your suggestions based on
- Conservative: shows less number of suggestions and requires that they have more traffic before recommending them
- Default: may show more suggestions than the Conservative level but less than the Aggressive level
- Aggressive: displays the maximum number of recommendation, even those keywords that received impressions but no clicks
- Custom Filters: you can customize the metrics you want the system to take into consideration when displaying results.
- You can download a CSV file with the list of keywords you want to pause or the ones that you want to archive.
- You can choose to archive the keywords you don't wish to see on the list because they are relevant to your account. Once they are archived, the suggestions will not be shown the next time you run the optimization.