Landing Page Analysis - User Guide
What is Landing Page Analysis?
Landing Page Analysis is a Data Insight tool that helps you find which Landing Pages in your AdWords account need to be worked on. It provides quick insight into how well your PPC landing pages are working, based on search performance data.
How to use the Landing Page Analysis tool?
1. Access it under the Data Insights tab here and select an account of your interest.
2. By default the analysis will show results for the entire account, however you can see the suggestions at account, campaigns and ad group level. You can also view suggestions at the label level.
3. Select date range, network and devices and click on 'Update' and wait for Optmyzr to load suggestions.
4. You can view additional metrics for each table which can be selected from the 'Choose columns' drop down.
5. You can download all the suggestions in a csv file and review them later.
6. If you're using query parameters, you can select the option 'Hide Query Parameters' at the top of the table to hide them from the view.
What does the Landing Page Analysis do?
The Landing Page Analysis tool aggregates data for the same landing page (URL) across the account. This aggregated data helps find the landing page URLs that are performing well as well as those that need to be optimized. Based on performance, they are divided into three categories:
- High Performer:
These are landing pages that have a high conversion rate and high CTR. This data can be used to identify landing pages that are doing well and apply what’s working for a high performing landing page to other landing pages (expensive) that need to be optimized.
- High Potential:
These are landing pages that have a high conversion rate but low CTR. These landing pages indicate that the keywords and ads that lead to them are not as relevant and can be improved.
These landing pages have a low conversion rate and high CTR. This data can be used to analyze the relevance of the keywords and ads with the landing page they lead to and how the content on the landing page affects the conversion process after the user clicks on the ad. It is possible that after reaching the landing page the user doesn't find what they are looking for or, the process to complete the conversion process is very tedious. This provides insights on whether the ad to landing page relevance needs to be improved or the conversion process on the landing page needs to be fixed.
Why should you use the Landing Page Analysis?
The Landing Page Analysis tool:
- Aggregates data for the same landing page across the account
- Identifies landing pages that require attention and need to be fixed to increase conversions
- Highlights landing pages that are performing well and can be used to improve the structure of other landing pages
Optimizing landing pages help improve conversion rates and Quality Score.