Shopping Bidder - User Guide
The Shopping Bidder optimization makes setting the correct CPC bid for your shopping ads a quick and easy process. It enables you to set bids for thousands of product groups in a matter of minutes. New bids can be uploaded to AdWords with a single click.
What does the tool do?
This One-Click Optimization filters product groups based on performance and then lets you increase or decrease bids in bulk. You can use one of the preset filters/strategies or create your own using Custom Filters. By default the system shows product groups that have a ROAS (return on ad spend) > 100%.
Why should you use it?
- You get all the biddable items for your entire account on a single page.
- You can filter product groups to see just ROAS positive, ROAS negative, or you can apply a custom filter using your own criteria like clicks, cost, impressions, etc.
- You can change bids in bulk for all the items that meet your filter criteria, for example, lower all bids 10% for ROAS negative items with at least ten clicks in the past 30 days.
- With one click, you can send the new bids to AdWords where they go live instantly.
How to use it?
Go to the Shopping Bidder page here.
Select one, multiple or all campaigns in an AdWords account using this option.
- Date range
The time period the system will use to analyze data and display results
- Hide last 7 days changes
This is a fail safe that prevents you from changing the bid for the same product groups every day. The system automatically hides product groups for which bid changes have been made in the last seven days through the Shopping Bidder. You can uncheck this box to see all product groups.
- Show Suggestions by
This setting lets you choose one of the following filters to display suggestions
- ROAS > 100%: product groups with a return on ad spend greater than a 100% (default)
- ROAS < 100%: product groups with a return on ad spend that is less than a 100%
- Show All: all product groups irrespective of performance
- Custom Filters: you can select additional metrics to filter the results further or automate your optimization strategy by applying custom filters on the 'Show All' filter.
- Advanced Settings - Roll-up feature
You can roll up product groups to the lowest level that meets the data threshold selected. You can read more about how it works here. Sometimes individual product groups don't have enough data. This feature enables you to aggregate data to make bid decisions.
When changing the bids, you can select any of the following options:
- Setup: set up the bid by a fixed amount of money (the currency will depend on your AdWords currency)
- Increase: increase the bid by a percentage or by an amount of money
- Decrease: reduce the bid by a percentage or by an amount of money
- Manually: you can change the bid manually in the New CPC column.
Once you update your bid selection, automatically the New CPC column will show the new bids.
After you finish making changes, you can click the "Apply Changes" button, and the bids will be updated in your AdWords account.
You can read about troubleshooting questions here.