Follow these steps
- Sign in to your account at http://adwords.google.com.
- Visit the Campaigns tab.
- From the sidebar, click the Bulk Operations line, then choose "Scripts".
- Click the "Create script" button.
- In the "Script" field at the top, name your script.
- In the script editor box, delete everything and make it completely empty.
- Open the script file you downloaded from optmyzr.com
- Press Ctrl+A to select everything in the script browser window and then press Ctrl+C to copy.
- Go back to the script editor box in your AdWords account and paste the script there.
- In the script, enter your email where it says "REPLACE_WITH_EMAIL_ADDRESS" (Within quotes). This is the address where notification will be sent when script finishes running.
- Click "Save" above the editor.
- Authorize the script by clicking "Authorize Now" and then "Grant Access".
- Click "Preview" to run the script for 30 seconds. If you get no errors, the script has been set up correctly.
- If the account is small, the entire script can run in 30 seconds so you may be able to see the results as well and receive the email.
- Now click on "Run Script Now" and you'll receive an email when the script run is complete.
- Tweet about optmyzr.com's AdWords Scripts
Here is a more detailed step-by-step guide for running our AdWords Scripts
Log In To Optmyzr
- Log in to www.optmyzr.com
- Navigate to "Scripts Library" from the dropdown next to your name
Find The AdWords Script You Want
- Browse through all our scripts until you find the one that meets your needs.
- Click the button "Download Script"
- You have to be logged in and be a paying subscriber (not on the free trial). If not, not all scripts will be available to you.
Log In To AdWords
- Log in to the AdWords account where you want to run the script
- Navigate to the Scripts page (Campaigns > Bulk Operations > Scripts)
- Click "+ Script" to create a new script
Paste The Script Into AdWords
- Delete the sample code in the script and paste the code from Optmyzr.
- Give the script a name. You'll see this in the logs and use it to find the right script so make sure the name makes sense to you.
- Authorize the script by clicking "Authorize Now" and following the steps in the two popup windows Google generates
- Customize the code. The settings that tell the script how to deal with YOUR account are always in the first few lines of the script. You HAVE to update these settings if you want the script to work correctly. The instructions for what to change are included under the section "Settings and Customizations" from the page where you found the script.
Preview The Script
Always preview the script before running it. This helps prevent unwanted changes to your AdWords account and saves you the hassle of waiting 20 minutes for a script to run and then finding out there's an error. Errors are always shown at the end of the Logs section so you can quickly scroll down to the end to find out what the issue was.
There are some common errors that can be resolved easily. Check out our list of common errors here and look for the section related to the script you are using: http://optmyzr.freshdesk.com/support/home
If you cannot resolve the error on your own, we're happy to help. To help you as quickly as possible, please include the error in your message and if possible, include the entire code of the script.
Run And Schedule The Script
You can schedule the script to run automatically, as often as once per hour. You can also run the script on-demand or pause it from this page.
Refer to the log section on this page to see which scripts ran and what the results were.
Pick Up The Results Of The Script
Depemding on the script's functionality, it may make changes to your account, generate a report in Google Sheets or send an email. So be sure to look for the results of the script after it's finished running and enjoy the time savings you're achieving with AdWords Scripts!