This AdWords Script automatically creates ad groups, ad texts, keywords and labels based on your template and a spreadsheet of your data. It can be used to turn a product database into an AdWords account or it can be used as an alternative to the AdWords interface or the AdWords Editor for creating new ads. Because the code can be easily modified, it is also more flexible than most solutions that involve the AdWords API.
Example Use Cases
This AdWords automation is useful for a wide range of use cases:
- Advertisers who already have a spreadsheet of all their services and products can use this to build out an account with great structure that will benefit your quality score.
- Agencies who work with a lot of clients in the same vertical and who have a well defined best practice for building out new accounts can use this to speed up new account creation.
- Advertisers whose inventory changes frequently can use this to tie their ad creation directly to their backend.
- Agencies who create Google Merchant Feeds can use this to add a value-add service where they use the feed to create AdWords ads for their clients.
Settings and Customizations
- SOURCEDATA tells the script the location of the Google Spreadsheet that contains your data.
- NAMEOFDATASHEET tells the script the name of the sheet in the spreadsheet that contains the data. A spreadsheet can contain multiple sheets and this lets the script know which one to use.
- EMAILADDRESS tells the script the email addresses that should get a notification when it finishes creating ads. To send to multiple recipients, separate the email addresses with a comma. Do NOT include the name of the person... only include their email address.
- ACCOUNTNAME is used by the script to create the subject line of the email it sends. When you're using this script on multiple accounts, it makes it easier to know which account each email notification is about.
Under The Hood
The script will automatically add a new column called "Added to Accounts" to your Google Spreadsheet. When it creates an ad using this row of the spreadsheet, it adds the account ID in this column. The next time the script runs, it will skip this row. This is useful to prevent adding duplicate ad texts and to make the script faster, for example by only making ads for rows you added to the sheet since you last ran it.
How To Use The Script To Generate Ads Automatically
Get This Script
You can run this script from the Enhanced Scripts™ section in your Optmyzr account.