Keyword Grouper - User Guide
What is the Keyword Grouper Tool?
The Keyword Grouper tool helps you group a large list of keywords into different ad groups based on themes. It gives you the flexibility to choose themes before creating groups which allow you to define the structure you want to have at the beginning instead of editing ad groups later.
How does it work?
- Input the list of keywords that you would like to group. Each line should contain one keyword. This list can be copy pasted in the box. Click Next.
- On the next page, you'll see a list of single words with the frequency with which they occur in the keyword list you entered. Clicking on a word will select it as a filter. The words you choose will start showing in the box below the filter.
For example, if you select "girls", "women" and "ladies", all the queries that have either of these words will start showing on the left side of the page. We recommend selecting synonyms or similar words that can be grouped together in the same ad group.
- After Filter 1, you'll automatically see the option to select words in Filter 2. The words you see in Filter 2 are based on the keyword list after Filter 1 was applied. The words you select in Filter 2 will be applied on top of Filter 1.
For example, in the screenshot below, Filter 1 has girls, women and ladies and Filter 2 has footwear. The filtered list that you see on the left will have words that have girls (or) women (or) ladies (and) footwear.
- Depending on the size of the list and how granularly you want to group together words, you can choose to go up to Filter 4. After you have the final list on the right side of the page, you can save it as an ad group. Once you do this, the words that were stored in the ad group will disappear from the master list you entered, and the filters will work on the remaining words.
- All the saved ad groups can be viewed by clicking on the 'View saved ad groups' button. You can download the list of ad groups with keywords after you've grouped all the keywords.
Recommendations and Tips
You can use the Keyword Grouper to:
- Create new campaigns from large keyword lists
- Restructure existing campaigns and ad groups into tighter themes
This tool is currently in closed beta. Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to try it out :-)